Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New Beginnings

No, this is not a post about a Young Women's event.

I just got off the phone with my  academic adviser from University of Phoenix--and I'm switching from Elementary Education to Business Marketing!! I know, it's a big change, but I never felt completely happy with my first choice. It was always only a back-up plan that took waaay more work than I wanted to put into a back-up plan.

I have been asking myself what I was doing in Education since I really just want to own my own business. And I've just started one! Go Chocolate Yums! But I need more knowledge to keep this delicious brain-child going, and not let it fade away like so many of my other dreams. I've got to pounce on this opportunity. Everyone who has tried my products have loved them, and I think I've got a pretty good vision for it. Plus, I've got the passion and the determination.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be a part-time teacher; but I've been in many classrooms and had so many jobs with children that I just want to do my own thing with my own kids now. And one of the many perks about being my own boss is that I can make my own hours, choose who I want to work with, and I get to choose the next step. No more dealing with over-protective parents, no more other-kids boogers on my clothes; when I babysit I want to babysit my own nieces and nephews! Mine are way cuter that some stranger's kids any day haha

It was a bit of a surprise to my adviser; we were supposed to go over my class schedule for the rest of my Education program and sign me up for life. I just couldn't do it. And there was no more "well I might want to look into other programs," it was I choose Education or Business.

I hope Curtis doesn't freak out. I just need to show him how much I really need to do this, for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment