Sunday, August 1, 2010

BABY HUNGRY!!

ARRRGGHH!! I'm so pathetic! I want to be prego so bad!! it's my own fault for feeling this way--I've been reading everyone's pregnant blogs tonight.
I even went online and looked for pregnancy stories!
It's just so depressing knowing that we won't even be trying for kids till I'm done with school, student teaching, and have a job.
But I've always wondered why we should wait till I have a job--I'll only have to leave once I'm prego.

I know, I know, we've only been married for 7 months you say--but I feel like we've been married forever! And the most important thing to me is having a family and being a mom. And I'd never want to be working with my first kid at home--NOT an option.

I see where Curtis is coming from, making us wait, since there is so much uncertainty about his job future and how easy it will be for us to get pregnant; and then there's the actual baby, and the expenses with it!

I just feel incomplete, ya know? I never expected to get married at 18, so I never thought I'd have to wait sooo long to have a baby!! But as I've come to realize, plans for life never really work out the way they do on paper.

Random: I can't wait for Curtis' friends to get married.

Baaaaahhhhh....I should go to bed. This all could be just hormones ranting tonight. But I still want a baby! I want to have a little Curtis around--to have a gorgeous baby to brag about to everyone, and to take pictures, and hold, and kiss, and just love!!

Goodness, I am hopeless!

3 comments:

  1. You are crazy! You think that 2 years is "so long"? you will be 21 or so when you have a baby, which is still young yourself you silly girl!! Just wait it out, you will be so happy that you did and then you can spoil that gorgeous baby as much as you want because you will be in a better place! Do you want to have a baby just to have to leave him in daycare? Babies are expensive!! Just wait and it will be so worth it in the long run, just have fun with Curtis and enjoy your time with him because when the kiddos come, your time with him will be little! I love you Mal and I hope you don't think I am pulling big sister rank on you, I just want the best for all of you and beleive me you will be happy you waited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has a different opinion about this. You will know when the time is right just keep praying about it. For Garth and me we knew that we wanted children. I was older, but we did things backwards from most of our friends and society. We got pregnant 3 months into our marriage. I miscarried, but then got pregnant again. In the 9 months I was pregnant and the year of having Kaylee, Garth has changed jobs 4 times, been without work for my whole pregnancy, and still going to school and working. It is hard, and you learn to budget and find deals, but honestly I wouldn't have had it any other way. How much we've grown as a couple and knowing that Heavenly Father is going to take care of us is what mattered. Good luck! Again, just keep praying and living your life til you know when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when you and curtis can agree on a time to start it is right.
    It's hard to be married and poor, and even harder (im about to find out) to being poor and having children.
    We are just getting the hang of being independent.
    You will feel good about it when it's right, not just IMPATIENT. - Em

    ReplyDelete